Tuesday 16 March 2010

Ensign Windows charting Software...complaints about Exchange fees


Here's a simple 377 tick EurUsd chart from my new Ensign windows charting software. The technical charting standard is way ahead of E-signal but whichever way you cut it and with whatever platform/data supplier (unless you only trade e-minis) you still have to pay a minimum of about 100$ a month just for one exchange (say the CME) in exchange fees and God forbid you wanted to trade Crude on ICE Europe , Gold on Comex, Sugar/Coffee/Cocoa on Nybot they all want 65$/ each (even though many are part of the CME) a month...you do the maths! I like to watch and chart many markets looking for setups but you have to draw the line somewhere. On the plus side with Ensign software a limited FX data feed from FXCM and Deutsche Bank is free!Very generous! Only the e-minis are anywhere near reasonably priced coming in a package . 'C'est la vie' or to put it another way 'It is what it is'...i will get over it & stop whining now.

1 comment:

  1. Hi CY,

    You probably know about this, I am using NinjaTrader with a free GAIN/Forex.com live data feed. Forex.com is the parent of my Fx broker (Questrade) and I can trade relatively well with the free demo data feed provided by GAIN.

    Of course, nothing beats the aggregated datafeed offered by e-signal. When I compared what I have vs the aggregated, I found that on a 60min, the swing highs were either the same or 1 pip away, whereas the swing lows were anywhere from 2-4 pips away.

    Even though I wish to have the aggregated prices, I find that in order to find the frequency of price this connection works just fine, for the level of trading that I do.

    Cheers,
    Cristian

    ReplyDelete